This firm represents clients for child custody, visitation, and child support in these situations:

(1) To Establish a Formal Arrangement: You or the other parent want to have an enforceable court order that states who has primary custody, when each parent may see the child, how decisions regarding the child’s education, religion, and health will be made, and what child support will be.

(2) To Modify a Court Order: You have a court order, signed by a judge, that you or the other parent want to have modified.

(3) To Enforce a Court Order: The other party is not complying with the court order.

(4) We also will defend you if the other parent files one of the above cases against you.


Why File for Custody?

You should file for custody when you want to prevent conflict and when you want a legally enforceable arrangement with the other parent. When you have an informal arrangement to co-parent you have no way to hold the other parent accountable for when they have the child, when they bring the child back to you, or how often they see the child.

Parents encounter conflict like: not having enough notice when the other parent wants to pick up the child, not knowing where the other parent will bring your child back to you, the other parent not visiting the child at agreed upon times, not knowing where their child is staying when they are with the other parent. A child custody order is a legal decision that the parents are legally required to follow.

When a parent does not follow a court order you can seek to have the court hold them in contempt. The other parent must show why they should not be held in contempt. You should have evidence that proves why the other parent should be held in contempt. You may also have a basis for seeking a modification of your child custody order depending on the circumstances.

Contact us now for a free introductory assessment or to schedule a full consultation.



Have you ever been through a case and no matter what you did, the judge would not or could not see your position? Do you want to appeal the decision?


Pawnee Davis Law Firm is your partner for the appeal process. Appeals are time sensitive so don’t delay – give us a call and discuss your prospective appeal.


Take a minute and read our blog about considering an appeal.